Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Thoughts On A Saturday Morning

October 17, 2015

I read a lot. I wish I brought more movies though. I’ve seen Jurassic World about 6 times. I’ve seen Crazy Stupid Love probably 8 times. And I’ve watched The Grand Budapest Hotel probably 10 times. They’re all good movies, and I’m happy to have something to watch, but man…I know those movies backwards and forwards.

I love not having to shave. Or do my eyebrows. Or do my hair.

I really hope I don’t get sick from all the mosquito spray I’ve been using.

Mom just told me, “mongo tempura!” (Eat donuts!) I should really stop eating all these donuts. There is absolutely no nutritional value to them. Well, I guess if you count the bugs you find in them protein, then maybe there’s a little.

People are going to wonder why I’m still so light-skinned after living on an island for 2 years. And why I’ve gained weight when there’s not a lot of food to eat here. It’s from all the tempura, I swear.

Today we’re going to a fundraiser for the church where they’ll be raffling off amush (firewood). I don’t know why I like that word in Mortlockese so much…amush…

The women here are crazy about playing Bingo. Actually, crazy is an understatement. My host sisters sometimes don’t get home until 9pm from Bingo. I went with them once to watch and was bored within the first 5 minutes. Everyone knows gambling is addictive, but they don’t seem to care.

I need to choreograph the last few songs for my Zumba class tomorrow. Man, I love not having the Internet sometimes, but right now I wish I had some inspiration.

A drop of sweat just fell from behind my ear. It’s going to be really hot today.

I hope the women like my Zumba class tomorrow. Hopefully they’ll stop playing Bingo and come to Zumba instead. BREAKING NEWS: ZUMBA CURES THE WOMEN OF ETTAL OF THEIR BINGO ADDICTION.

I need to go shower. It’s hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment